Thursday, July 31, 2008

Union Jack Socks


So, I was looking at another blog that I read that makes fun of pictures people post of themselves on Craigslist and saw a picture of a guy in Union Jack boxers and matching knee socks. Being a knitter, and also being totally obsessed with all things British, I was immediately drawn to these wonderful socks and had to have some!! But when I headed over to ravelry to do a search for a pattern, none could be found.


I want these socks so bad, that I am going to do two things I have never done before:


-create my own pattern

-use intarsia


During my search for more pictures on google, I found this site that tells you exactly how you are supposed to draw the Union Jack: http://www.jdawiseman.com/papers/union-jack/union-jack.html I had no idea that the are precise measurements that have to be made. But, I also think that if I am going to do this, I better to it right! So, hopefully, in the months to come, you will begin seeing picture of my progress and a wonderful pattern as well.

No comments: