Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer of Love Yarn swap Q&A

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?I do both, but I have been knitting longer and prefer it more. I have been knitting since Christmas of 2006.

Do you spin? What type of spinning?I do not spin, but hope to learn some day.

What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?I like all fibers as long as they are soft. The only kinds of yarn I do not like are novelty yarns.

What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?My favorite colors are pink, blue, green, purple and recently some yellows. I don't really have a least favorite color. I like them all.

Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have?I am dying to work with Yarntini self striping or sKNITches self striping yarns, but they go out of stock too fast for me to get my hands on some!

What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?Right now, I am obsessed with socks! I think they are so much fun to knit and go pretty fast. I also prefer to work with smaller needles.

What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer?Right now I am working on three different pairs of socks. One pair is for father's day and another is for my future SIL's belated birthday gift.

What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.)My favorite FO right now would have to be the socks I knit for my other future SIL's birthday. It hasn't come yet so I cannot post a picture. But here is my ravelry link to them: Kat's Monkeys (Don't look Kat, although I am not sure if you are able to anyway without logging in)

What is your oldest UFO?My oldest UFO would be the Viveka sweater I started a month after I learned how to knit. I got bored with all of the stockinette and still haven't even finished the back piece (the only piece I started).

Are there any techniques that you want to learn?I would love to do a steek one day! It is one of the only things I am worried about doing. But once I do, I am going to make this: Deep V Argyle Vest

Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID?My ravelry name is Bumble (now BumbleKnits)

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?I love to knit socks. I rarely finish a pair for myself since I have super big feet (size 12.5 or 13 womens) Usually I knit socks that are 8.5-9 womens size since four people I knit socks for have that size.

Do you collect anything?YARN!! Lol. I also like cute keychains, but I don't think I collect anything that I don't really use. Maybe books, but if buy them to read them, does that count as collecting?

Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift?I have both. I love them!

Do you love sweets? What are your favorites?I do love sweets. My favorites are Milk Duds, dark chocolate, sour gummy worms, sweettarts, butterfingers, PEZ, and many more that I cannot think of at the moment.

What are your favorite scents?My favorite scent is cucumber melon, or pretty much anything with cucumber or melon.

Where do you keep your needles/hooks?I am very unorganized, so there are plenty scattered around my entire room...in my stash box, on my desk, in my purse even!

Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?)I have wishlist on Amazon and The Loopy Ewe

Having a birthday this summer?My birthday is Sept. 11. I say it's summer, most say it is fall.

Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know!I am not allergic to anything I know of.

No comments: